Friday, July 27, 2012

Keeping My Mouth Shut

Before I start this blog I should say it has been in the work for some time now.  I usually just share family things or fun to read subjects, however some things have been weighing on my heart a lot here lately.  I have always believed in God, thought I had faith and went to church.  As with most things in our life we grow and learn more the older we get.  I feel that way about my faith.  I have never hidden my faith in Jesus.  There are times I am sure that God probably wishes I wasn't so vocal about it.  I haven't always lived up to what I feel shows how a true follower of Christ should be.  Living in the so called "bible belt"  I think we see that alot.  Please know that I am not trying to offend anyone, just speaking from my own experiences and beliefs, hoping to open eyes about my faith. 

Lately there has been alot on the media, mainly facebook about Christian values and standards and everyone boycotting or standing by Chick-fil-a because of there values.  While I am fairly nonconfortational and hate getting in the middle of debates, mainly religion (one of my biggest fears is to give others the wrong impression of who Christ is) I feel I need to speak up.  I am a huge believer in Christ and believe the Bible to be true.  My dad once told me if someone says something about God and can't show you where they got in from in the Bible then don't listen.  With that being said I will never treat someone different for not agreeing with me.  Faith is very personal  and I have been through alot getting to where I am with my relationship with God and I have so much farther to go.  I do my best to follow the teachings of Jesus and He truly loved everyone, He also called us to be more like Him.  All I want to say to those wanting to boycott Chick-fil-a is why do you want everyone to agree with you and to accept everyone yet you don't want to accept me, my family, and my friends for who we are.  It is a double standard.  It hurts that I do my best not to pass judgement on others, to live my faith and show love to EVERYONE regardless if I agree with the way they live but I am not accepted because of my faith.  It is sad.  We want everyone to be tolerant, but you can't pick who you want to be tolerant of.  What I mean is true tolerence will only come when we are all accepted.  I stand by my faith and it's teachings, I will never judge someone who doesn't.  Of course in my life I would love to have everyone have a true relationship with Jesus Christ but faith is personal.  Trust me it's hard to stand out there when the world doesn't see it your way. 

For those of my friends who don't like religion or feel I am being close minded or what ever, please hold off judgement until you know me.  Don't judge all Christians by a few.  Just like you ask me to accept everyone please include me in that as well.  I have no hatred in my heart, just different standards and beliefs.  Remember that everyone who says they are a Christian might not have a true relationship with Jesus, I know, I have been one.  And to all my Christian friends remember who you are representing when you speak, act and do anything.  Sorry to be so deep on this one.  I just needed to vent I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment