Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 2,

Again thanks everyone for all your support.  We are hanging in there and Matthew is a fighter.  All day yesterday Matthew would wake up and ask if it was Tuesday yet.  Even though it was at 4am we were happy to finally tell him it was Tuesday.  We all decided yesterday was one of the longest days ever.  I don't think Patrick and I slept very much.  Hospital sleeping defiantly has the patient in mind not the visitors, but we made it through.  After liquids for breakfast they let him have solid food for lunch.

Matthew is in a lot of pain anytime he gets out of bed.  Patrick left a little after noon to come home for Cheredith's football game. That was hard on us all.  I can't believe how he must feel.  He is an amazing dad and husband and my best friend.  I am still amazed at all the text and calls we continue to receive.  Also Matthew had a nice surprise waiting on him when he woke up from a mid day nap.  A friend from work and her mom had sent him a balloon bouquet.  He loved it.

His pain has been pretty intense today but it is getting shorter in length and he is up walking. He is mainly soar at the incision site and the stomach area is soar.  He didn't eat much for lunch but did eat good for super.  We have amazing nurses and I couldn't be happy with how they have treated us.

The doctor should come by in the morning and I have a lot of good news for him.  With Matthew eating good, walking and being able to go "potty" I am hoping we will go home soon.  That would be great.  I am so pleased with how good he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment