Sunday, October 7, 2012

I don't know where to even begin, this past week has been CRAZY!!!!!  I guess that was a good summery of how I have felt.  This time tomorrow Patrick and I will be in Atlanta getting Matthew ready for surgery.  I can't believe it is finally here.  I am relieved and nervous, but so happy to have finally found hope for Matthew.  I still have packing to do.  I can handle vacation packing but I am lost when it comes to hospital packing.  Who knows what all will make it to Emory with me.

I have been so proud of Cheredith this week.  I can't imagine how she is feeling.  She is an amazing child and is such a great big sister.  I know that she will be be fine but I know its hard on her.  We are always together and her and I have never been apart for this long.  Patrick will be back with her Tuesday and she is staying with great friends.  I know she will be happy to have Matthew better. 

Now an update on our crazy week.  Matthew went to the dentist and did great.  He had tooth filled and one pulled.  This was his first time he had numbing medicine in his cheek.  He didn't bite his inside of his cheek, but he rubbed the outside of his cheek raw.  That's Matthew for you, keeping it interesting.

Cheredith cheered to games Thursday.  All I can  say is that it exhausted me and I was sitting on the stands.  She did great and she is really loving cheer.  CVMS has some great Cheerleaders.

Thanks to some great people Matthew had an amazing Friday night.  A friend at work made Ridgelands football coach aware of Matthew's surgery.  Coach Mariakis had the football team sign a shirt for Matthew.  After one of the football players delivered the signed shirt I thought it couldn't get better.  I was so excited, but thanks to Coach Mariakis it got much better.  He offered to let Matthew come into the locker room with the team Friday night.  I couldn't wait to tell Matthew.  I was so proud as we waited by the locker room Friday night.  As the players came off the field they stopped and talked to Matthew.  One even raised his helmet and took Matthews hand and lead him to the locker room.  Patrick went in with them and filled me in.  Matthew was treated like a star and it was great.  He had an amazing night.

Saturday we headed to Matthew's last football game for this year.  He must have been paying good attention at the football game Friday night.  He played an incredibly.  He had three touch downs and some amazing tackles.  He sure showed how much fun he had. He posed after tackles and even "Tebowed" after one touchdown.  It was great seeing him enjoy himself.

We headed to Chattanooga to enjoy a day downtown with an event at Patrick's work.  We went to the aquarium, imax and Riverboat.  It was so much fun and I am so glad to my mom came.  The kids had so much fun.  It was a great way to pass the day.

Now here we are the last day home before surgery.  I am about to start getting ready for church and then finish up on last minute things.  I want to thank all the people who have prayed and have listened to God and been a blessing to us this week.  Thank you all.  I know that all is going to ok.  It is a trying time for us even without Matthew"s condition but I have been encouraged by God's people lifting us up. 

We have to be at Emory at 7 Monday morning.  I'm not sure how long the surgery will be but I will keep everyone posted.  Thank you all . 

No comments:

Post a Comment