Friday, December 5, 2014

What in the world is going on?

  Don't worry.  I won't post everyday.  Just had some thoughts come to me and I wanted to share.  So recently I have taken some time off of work, so I have more time on my hands.  Matthew is facing some big changes and having trouble so being available was more important then money.  Not to say that I am just walking in fields of flowers and laughing and drinking coffee all day.  I am actually a complete mess.  I always doubt myself,  so of course I get nervous with any change.  It has defiantly given me time to spend in my Bible, but I am no way a great stay at home wife or mom.  Just go see the pile of laundry I keep avoiding.  This week I lost my one and only car key for over 4 hours.  I am so thankful for friends who will pick my kids up last minute!

So in my time alone, I have no one to talk to but animals so I pray more and think a lot more.  Last night was a rarity.  We had no where to go.  No major TV shows to watch.  It was odd.  Patrick made a commit on how I got on my phone during commercial breaks, both kids where on electronics and it started to sink in.  We used to play games every night.  Now we watch TV and play on computers or phones more then anything else.

In watching TV and looking on social media can be overwhelming.  I am even having a hard time putting all my thoughts out there. Our world is in a sad place.  Not just morally,which is what so many of faith want to focus on.  I am one of them and trust me, it is in bad shape, but I mean what is really ruling our lives.  I have been listening to Lecrae a lot this week.  He has been very vocal bout all the police violence and racism that has been so viable lately.  He has a song on his latest album called "Welcome to America. "   It  has opened my eyes to so much.  I am not going to get into all that has been going on, just going to say this.  Check the facts before you speak,  don't re post images unless you know they are real.  You will be amazed how great you can make things look with technology.  For those of us Christians, please be careful what you say.  At some point we have become more like the pharisees and a lot less like Jesus.  Some times loving those we don't understand makes the biggest difference. Lastly  stop just complaining about everything and lets try to change this place.  Take family time, not tech time.  Show love and not hatred.  Plus, don't say you will pray for some one then just go on with your day.  Do something and be part of the change. Not part of the judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment